.

Fire Chief: School Street Blaze Caused by Smoking Materials

The three-alarm fire that broke out on School Street early Monday morning is being blamed on smoking materials.

12 School St., Salem, Monday, March 31, 2014.
12 School St., Salem, Monday, March 31, 2014.

The three-alarm fire that sent three local residents to the hospital Monday morning is being blamed on smoking materials, Salem Fire Chief David Cody said. 

"The residents there admitted to smoking on the second floor porch before the fire started," Cody said. 

At approximately 5:30 a.m. Monday, firefighters from across the North Shore responded to the structure fire, which broke out on the second floor of a two-and-a-half-story home at 12 School St.

The fire displaced four people and resulted in the death of a cat. 

Click Here to view video footage from the scene.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »