A Salem presence since 1850, the YMCA serves the community by offering fitness facilities and exercise classes for adults, along with summer and day camps for children. Children can enroll in one of 60 camps or the Early Learning Center -- a year-round day care center for toddlers and school-age children.
The Creative Arts Center -- a program run out of historic Ames Memorial Hall, will involve children in every aspect of creating and performing live theater. It will also allow children to explore painting, sculpture and pottery making. With the Creative Arts Center, the YMCA hopes to enhance the legacy of Ames Memorial Hall, which was an influential place of meeting in the late 1800s.
- Fax: 978-744-0035
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm; Sat, 6am - 7pm; Sun, 7am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Front door, restrooms and facilities are all handicapped-accessible.
- Founding Date: Dec 15 1850
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Group/family
- Membership info: Membership prices are calculated based on yearly income. Some discounts are available to families on day care services for small children.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Ages: 1- to 89-year-olds
- Capacity: 400
- Services (child care, day care): Drop-off, Nurse, Pick-up
- Insured: Yes
- Licensed: Yes
- Average personnel experience (years): 11
- Average personnel training (years): 4
- What's your organizational philosophy?: Physical activity is the key to good health.
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Gym, Swimming pool, Table tennis, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Food/drink, Game room, Lockers, Sauna/steam room, Showers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking