Step into Sophia's and you'll feel like you've entered a charming little boutique in France. Across from Salem's famed Hawthorne Hotel, Sophia's features a decor of deep purples and pinks, as well as a calming fragrance to make your shopping experience a relaxing one. Named after Nathaniel Hawthorne's wife, Sophia's offers a variety of gifts, from Paris-made Diptyque candles to handmade witch hats. Proprietor Marie Cardillo says she occasionally holds private events upon request, as well as holiday shopping parties, cocktail parties and jewelry trunk shows. Sid Dickens Memory Blocks and Mary Frances handbags are Sophia's most popular must-haves.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, Sun, 10:30am - 6pm; Saturday, 10:30am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jul 01 2004
- Payments accepted: American Express, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Jewelry, wedding favors, handmade witch hats, silk scarves, European soaps and candles, Paris-made Diptyque candles, scrapbooks, photo albums, perfumes and more
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Store exchanges only; no cash or credit card refunds.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- What's your most popular item?: Sid Dickens memory blocks, Mary Frances handbags