The Salem Diner offers atmosphere, service and an inexpensive menu that brings both regulars and tourists from all over the world... And if you are lucky, you might even catch baseball legend Johnny Pesky sitting at one of the booths -- he stops by whenever he can. The Salem Diner has been in the same location since 1941. The exterior looks much like it did back in the day; inside the current owners have updated as needed.
Salem Diner serves breakfast all day, every day, including Sundays. Lunch is served Monday through Saturday. The Diner, in addition to major credit cards, accepts the Salem Clipper Card.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 6am - 3pm; Sun, 7am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1941
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Breakfast and lunch 'diner' fare.
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Spinach pie and homemade corn beef hash, charcoal lamb, special soups
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The owner loves community: "Great community and great kids!"
- Cuisine: Diner
- Signature dishes: Spinach pie and homemade corn beef hash, charcoal lamb, special soups
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 5013
- Features: Breakfast
- Atmosphere: Fun