Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, Salem Cycle is owned by Dan Shurman, who has been working as a bike mechanic for over 20. The store is outfitted with high-end road, hybrid and mountain bikes for adults and children, as well as bicycle accessories such as trailers for kids. Although Salem Cycle mostly carries new bikes, they do carry a few used ones as well, taken on trade. Salem Cycle also specializes in bicycle repair and rentals. Bicycles can be rented on an hourly or weekly rate. Aside from their other services, Salem Cycle believes in educating their customers and supporting the community. They offer free bicycle repair classes every Saturday at 9am, and they sponsor the annual Witch Cup bike race, as well as weekly rides in downtown Salem.
- Hours: Sun, noon - 4pm; Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 10am - 6pm; Thu 10am - 7pm; Sat, 10am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Use the side door to the right of the entrance. Handicap parking is in front.
- Founding Date: May 02 2000
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Store Credit Card
- Products: Bicycles (Specialized, KHS, Dahon, We The People, Rocky Mountain), helmets, bicycling shoes, Salem Cycle athletic wear for men and women (shorts, hats, T-shirts), and bike accessories (mirrors, water stands, locks, baskets, wheels, tools, seats)
- Services: Classes, Financing, Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Will take return with receipt only
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What would you say is the most popular sport in town?: Bicycling - almost everyone bikes.
- Sporting goods rentals: Yes