Founded in Salem in 1994, Kiddie Koop is a daycare that specializes in offering a multicultural education. At Kiddie Koop, every teacher is bilingual, speaking Spanish, Chinese or another language along with English. Inside, classrooms are divided between infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Infants and toddlers are located on the first floor, and preschoolers on the second. The outdoor play area is especially private and secure. It sits far away from the street, behind a high picket fence. Although Kidde Koop doesn't offer pick-up service, it has a school bus that is used for field trips.
- Fax: 978-745-0384
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 5:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Front door is handicaped accessible.
- Founding Date: May 09 1994
- Number of students: 35
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: none
- Accreditation/licenses: All teachers are accredited through EEC (Early Education Care) and have First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Infants: 1:3/Toddlers: 2:9/Preschool 1:10
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 12
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "We have had community partnership in the past. We now work with early intervention in the public schools."
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Ages: 1 month - 7 years
- Capacity: 36
- Services (child care, day care): Drop-off
- Insured: Yes
- Licensed: Yes
- Average personnel experience (years): 4
- Average personnel training (years): 4
- What's your organizational philosophy?: "We are very multicultural. We encourage different languages for our kids."
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 1 month - 7 years
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: Yes