Filipino Variety Store on Highland Avenue is the only one in Salem to sell Filipino-made food and products. Salem resident Lourdelyn Valsote says there are only a few such variety stores on the North Shore. Although her store is small, it has a lot to offer. Among the well-stocked aisles, foodies can find canned meats from Moondish, Victoria's, Century and San Sebastian as well as Kamayan shrimp paste, Lily's coco jam and peanut butter, Lala fish crackers, Jack and Jill pretzels, Croley Foods snacks and Luzona and Lucia juices.
- Hours: Sunday: Closed Monday: Closed Tuesday: 10am - 6pm Wednesday: 10am - 6pm Thursday: 10am - 6pm Friday: 10am - 6pm Saturday: 10am - 6pm Holiday: Closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: August 15, 2009
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Sardines, herring, smoked bangus, corned beef, tuna, shrimp paste, coco jam, palm fruit, snack foods, juice, shampoo, conditioner, soap
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: It has a relaxed environment.