Explorers Lifelong Learning Institute of Salem State College
Explorers Lifelong Learning Institute of Salem State College targets older citizens who wish to challenge themselves intellectually, broaden their horizons and enhance their personal development. People 50 years or older are invited to become members and explore new subjects without having to worry about exams or grades. The institute offers approximately 40 courses each spring and fall semester, and topics include history, art, poetry, geneaology, foreign language, photography and more. For a $200 membership fee, folks over 50 can take up to 10 courses: five during the fall semester and five during the spring semester. Winter and summer intersession courses are free. Members can also participate in monthly book club discussions or attend "Morning Coffee" programs featuring guests speakers.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 8:30am - 4pm; Fri - Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1995
- Number of students: 400
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Varies from class to class.
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 130
- What makes this community special?: Salem is easily accessible to residents of Marblehead and Swampscott.