Derby Square Bookstore
The depth and breadth of titles available at Derby Square Bookstore is impressive. Upon entering the small store, you will behold thousands of hardcovers and paperbacks stretching from floor to ceiling. Some stacks may seem to lean to one side, but strategically placed cords keep them from toppling over.
The stock is entirely hand-selected by the owner Ted Monroe. He recommends that bibliophiles looking for a specific title first check his store, which stocks fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children. All books are 50 percent off retail prices and, if you need to special-order one, you'll still get a 20 percent discount.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 9am - 9pm; Sun, 11am - 9pm; Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1975
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Genres include: true crime, horror, new age, mystery, science fiction, biography, history (local, national and world), romance, religion, philosophy.
- Return policy: Exchanges only; no cash or credit card refunds.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "Salem is a solid residential community with a vibrant tourist business."
- New/used: Used
- Book store features: Special order
- Wi-Fi: None