Dead Horse Beach is located right before Salem Willows Park along Memorial Drive. Situated on the edge of Collins Cove, the beach offers views of Beverly, Beverly Harbor and the Beverly-Salem Veterans Memorial Bridge. Tennis courts, basketball courts, a soccer field, benches and picnic areas are located nearby, as is Salem Willow's Restaurant Row, arcades and rides for children.
Wide during low tide, Dead Horse offers plenty of space for beachgoers. Facing the northwest, the beach is an ideal place to catch a colorful sunset on a clear day.
- Hours: Closes at 9pm in the summer; 8pm in the winter.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- When's the best time of day to visit this beach?: Sunset
- Public/Private: Public
- Type: Bay
- Number of lifeguards: 0
- Common activities: Fishing, Kayaking/canoeing, Motor boating, Picnicking, Sailing
- Facilities: Boat access, Food/drink, Restrooms
- Cars allowed: No