Garnering awards for best theatre on the North Shore, Cinema Salem offers a variety of films -- from blockbusters to independent films to documentaries -- literally something for everyone. A four-screen theater, it is conveniently located in the East India Square Mall off of Essex Street near downtown Salem, and is adjacent to public parking.
Guests can enjoy pastries and coffee at their on-site café, as well as typical movie fare. The real butter popcorn is a bestseller!
The cinema also serves as an art gallery, a live music venue and is home to one of America's largest all-documentary film festivals (see salemfilmfest.com).
Cinema Salem has not only become a staple of the local community as a comfortable and friendly venue, it prides itself on supporting local charities. The cinema is available for rental for private parties.
- Hours: See Web site for showtimes. The theatre opens 15 minutes before the start of the first show.
- Handicap Accessible: First-floor street access. Handicap bathroom as well.
- Founding Date: May 01 2006
- Ticket information: http://www.cinemasalem.com/index.html
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.readyticket.net/webticket/htmlshowtimes/34631/ShowTime…
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- What is the most popular concession food?: Real butter popcorn with flavor toppings!
- Number of screens: 3
- Size of screens: Large, Medium
- Stadium seating: No
- Reclining seats: No