1. Take a Walk in the Woods: The Friends of Salem Woods will host a hike Saturday morning. Participants will meet in the parking lot of Olde Salem Greens golf course, at the trail head sign by the bike rack. The walk takes 80-90 minutes and covers about 2.4 miles. Some sections of trail are hilly and rocky, so appropriate footwear is encouraged.
2. Try Out a New Book: The Salem Athenaeum is hosting a book sale Saturday morning on Essex Street. The sale is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Click Here for all the details.
3. Listen to Some Live Music: As always, there are plenty of options when it comes to live music in Salem this weekend. Click Here to read a handy break-down of the various musical acts that will be playing at venues across the city, written by Salem Patch blogger Bob Broderick.
4. Free Concert Series Continues: Salem's Free Summer Concert Series will continue this weekend at Peabody Street Park. This week's concert, scheduled to run from 3 to 6 p.m., will feature a performance by Merrimack Bend. Click Here for all the details.
5. Try Out a New Restaurant: Two local eateries have opened since our last installment of 5 Things to Do in Salem This Weekend. So, if you haven't already, consider stopping by Firenze Trattoria or Medusa's Cafe.
For more things going on in Salem this weekend, check out our events calendar.