The Salem Board of Health, in conjunction with the North Shore Community Health Center, will be hosting a walk-in flu vaccination clinic on Jan. 29.
The clinic will be held at the North Shore Community Health Center meeting Room, located at 27 Congress St., from 4 to 6 p.m.
Here's what you need to know:
- The clinics are open to Salem residents 12 years and older.
- Please dress so that your upper arm can be accessed for vaccination
- Vaccines will be provided to anyone requiring a vaccine whether you have insurance or not
- If you have health insurance please bring your cards with you
If you fall into any of the following categories, the Salem Board of Health strongly suggests you get your flu shot.
- Those with chronic illness, heart, lung, kidney, diabetes, cancer.
- Those with compromised immune systems
- Those on aspirin therapy
People who are allergic to eggs might be at risk for allergic reactions from receiving any influenza vaccine and should consult with a doctor or other medical professional before considering any influenza vaccination.
Additional vaccination clinics will be held every Thursday by appointment from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., until vaccines are exhausted.
If you require further information, please contact Salem Public Health Nurse, Suzanne Doty, RN, BSN at 978- 619-5651 or email@example.com, for further assistance.