The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday Jan. 15:
- At 4:07 p.m., police responded to a reported disturbance at the Bank of America on Paradise Road. Ernest Choguryan, 30, of 1 Hammond Place, Marblehead, was arrested on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon (knife), kidnapping and attempting to commit a crime. Click Here for our full story.
- At 4:23 p.m., police responded to a report of domestic assault and battery on Harbor Street. Jonathan S. Murphy, 24, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property valued above $250.
- At 4:52 p.m., police responded to the Target on Highland Avenue after receiving word that a laptop had been stolen. The theft was reportedly caught on video.
- At 6:22 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Leavitt Street. Michael S. Klayman, 42, of 17 Leavitt St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:43 p.m., police responded to a reported trespassing issue on Holly Street.
- At 8:50 p.m., a woman called police to report that she believed someone cut the brakes to her motor vehicle.
- At 10:34 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Nimitz Way.
Wednesday, Jan. 16:
- At 12:18 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Moffatt Road.
Winter Weather Accidents
- At 6:45 a.m., police responded to a minor weather-related motor vehicle accident on Canal Street involving a Ford F250 and a Toyota Corolla.
- At 6:55 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Lafayette Street involving an MBTA bus. A vehicle reportedly slid into its rear bumper.
- At 7:00 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a school bus at the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Willson Street. A motorist told police his vehicle slid down Jefferson Avenue, struck the back-end of school bus and spun into a parked car. There were no reported injuries.
- At 7:22 a.m., police responded to a report of fresh damage to a fence on Scenic Avenue.
- At 7:27 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Canal and Cypress streets.
- At 8:03 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Puritan Road and Witch Way involving a Ford Escort and a Hyundai Sonata.
- At 10:40 a.m., police responded to a reported assault and battery at North Shore Medical Center. A juvenile will be summonsed for assault and battery on a health care provider.
- At 11:09 a.m., police received word that a bag of what appeared to be cocaine had been discovered in a dresser on Mason Street.
Joseph W. Eddy, 20, of 354 Broadway Lane, Lynn, was arrested on a charge of trespassing.
Michael W. Pearl, 20, of 21 Bertuccio Ave., Salem, was arrested on a charge of trespassing.
Christopher Thomas II, 26, of 29 Bakersfield St., Dorchester, was arrested on a charge of carrying a large knife and disorderdly conduct.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.