The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Dec. 5:
- At 4:37 p.m., members of the Special Response Unit located a man on New Derby Street. Jonathan L. Benson, 40, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 6:20 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that someone slashed a tire on his vehicle while it was parked on Bridge Street overnight.
- At 9:49 p.m., police responded to a report of an unwanted man on Lafayette Street. Jeffrey J. Alexander, 59, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of trespassing.
- At 10:28 p.m., police responded to the Taco Bell on Highland Avenue for a reported theft. A manager told responding officers that he discovered that one of the cash drawers was short $100 and while reviewing video surveillance he noticed an employee steal a $100 bill.
- At 11:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a carriage in the roadway at the intersection of Boston and Grove streets.
Thursday, Dec. 6:
- At 3:57 a.m., police reportedly found a man and a woman smoking in a vehicle at the intersection of Summer and Endicott streets. A small amount of marijuana and a pipe were seized.
- At 6:42 a.m., police responded to a reported domestic dispute on Arbella Street. Daniel G. Taylor, 26, of 14 Arbella St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery, domestic assault and battery, two counts of malicious destruction of property valued above $250 and intimidation of a witness.
- At 7:42 a.m., police conducted a warrant arrest on Silver Street. Justin J. Raymond, 22, of 18 Silver St., Salem, was arrested for having three outstanding warrants.
- At 8:46 a.m., police assisted the Sheriff's Department with an arrest on First Street. Matthew Waters, 32, of 4 First St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:14 a.m., a man called police to report that a snow plow that belongs to the Peabody Essex Museum was stolen from a driveway on Charter Street overnight.
- At 11:33 a.m., police assisted the Board of Health with escorting people out of a property at 245 Lafayette St. Their apartment was then condemned.
- At 11:57 a.m., a Heritage Drive man called police to report that someone cut the fuel line on his vehicle.
- At 2:59 p.m., a Fairview Avenue resident called police to report that they believed they may have been the victim of identity theft.
- At 3:01 p.m., police responded to a report of a loose dog on Canal Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.