The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Jan. 31:
- At 4:09 p.m., police responded to a report of two suspicious males with bats on Lynch Street. The bats were taken by officers for safe keeping and they were sent on their way.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a reported fight at The Waterfront Hotel.
- At 5:40 p.m., police responded to a domestic assault and battery on Lafayette Street.
- At 8:31 p.m., police responded to a dispute at The Lafayette Hotel. Susan A. Resende, 42, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested for having three outstanding warrants.
- At 9:15 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk woman at Lifebridge. Elizabeth A. Kelly, 52, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
Friday, Feb. 1:
- At 2:28 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Lafayette Street. Marco A. Chacon, 19, of 6 Merrill Road, Marblehead, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 4:19 a.m., Salem State University Police made an arrest after an investigation of domestic abuse. Robert J. Losanno, 18, of 4 Marion Road, Peabody, was arrested on charges of assault and battery, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon (motor vehicle).
- At 1:28 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported kitchen fire on First Street. Firefighters later determined it was caused by an electrical issue with a stove.
- At 1:37 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that his wallet was stolen from his locker at the YMCA while he was taking a shower.
Eileen Conley-Cabrera, 48, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, resisting arrest and for having two outstanding warrants.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.