The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Dec. 9:
- At 4:45 p.m., a First Street man called police to report that he had become the victim of identity theft.
- At 4:46 p.m., police responded to Grove Street for a report of an ATV digging up the grass.
- At 5:27 p.m., a Georgia's Pizza pizza delivery driver called police to report that he had just been attacked on Summer Street. The delivery driver told police that a man he knew swung a wooden board at his head and hit him in the arm. Roland Biqiku, 50, of 22 Warren St., Peabody, was arrested for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (wooden board) and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:50 p.m., police responded to a three-car motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Swampscott and Robinson roads.
- At 5:52 p.m., a man on Derby Street called police to report that a woman punched him in the face.
- At 8:40 p.m., a man called police to report that his unlocked bike was stolen on East India Square near one of the entrances to the mall.
- At 8:44 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Congress Street. The residents reportedly told responding officers that they were arguing over doing the dishes.
- At 10:14 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that his vehicle was burglarized while parked on Peabody Street. A CD player and his registration were reportedly stolen.
Monday, Dec. 10:
- At 12:03 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Congress Street. A woman told police an unknown woman knocked on her door, said she was looking for someone named Carlos and then asked to use the phone. Police were unable to locate the woman.
- At 6:36 a.m., police responded to Witchcraft Heights Elementary School for a report of a broken window.
- At 11:21 a.m., a woman called police to report that she lost her pocketbook at the CVS on Essex Street.
- At 11:36 a.m., a man was arrested at Salem Probate Court. James M. Jodoin, 25, of 47 Prospect St., Gloucester, was arrested for having three outstanding warrants.
- At 2:03 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident at the intersection of Harbor and Prince streets.
- At 2:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a rabid raccoon on Prescott Street. The Animal Control Officer was notified and the animal was taken to the DPW and put down by a local police officer using their service weapon.
- At 2:37 p.m., police responded to a report of a man trying to steal aluminum from a Loring Avenue resident's trash barrels.
- At 3:19 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported vehicle fire at 178 Fort Ave. The fire was knocked down by local firefighters. Click Here for our full story.
Joseph P. Grace III, 63, of 390 Highland Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Michael Vasquez, 44, of 10 Leavitt St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of shoplifting merchandise valued above $250.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.