The responded to the following calls on Wednesday and Thursday. For arrests, click .
Wednesday, Nov. 9
- At 11:56 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to the Harborwalk on a report about homeless people on the walkway. Officers said they have been receiving reports about people drinking in public, loitering, urinating in public and verbally accosting a woman. Police went to the second floor of a building and saw a couple. One was drinking out of a milk carton and another was drinking out of a bottle in a brown paper bag. When they investigated, police said a man was drinking a Milwaukee's Best and a woman was drinking a spiked lemonade from a milk carton. .
- At 12:56 p.m. Wednesday, police returned to the walkway because of complaints about public drinking. Police found people loitering, but they were not violating city ordinances and they were sent on their way.
- A cell phone was found on Essex Street at 1:40 p.m.
- People arguing on Endicott Street was reported at 2:46 p.m Wednesday.
- Police said a shoplifter was reported at 3:39 Wednesday at on North Street. The man allegedly took a pack of cigarettes, police said. He had purchased a loaf of bread and a box of sugar. Police later learned that the man was related to someone who worked in the store and police said he was arrested after .
- At 4:48 a.m. Wednesday, police said a woman reported suspicious activity involving a man with keys at . The woman told police she lost her house and car keys while shopping and while waiting for her husband to bring a spare, she saw a man pass by her with keys in his hand. At the same time, the locks to her vehicle were activated, so she believes the keys belong to her.
- A man exposing himself in a vehicle at on Highland Avenue was reported at 5:17 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
- A landlord found a broken window on Naples Road at 6:15 p.m Wednesday, police said.
- Malicious destruction to a vehicle on Sewall Street was reported to police at 6:24 p.m Wednesday.
- A road rage incident on Winthrop Street was reported to police at 7:31 p.m Wednesday.
- A dog barking all day and all night was reported on Bridge Street at 7:42 p.m Wednesday.
- At 8:57 p.m Wednesday police said a person refused to pay a cab on Lafayette Street.
Thursday, Nov. 10
- Police responded to Highland Avenue at 1:09 a.m. Thursday on a report of an unwanted person. When they arrived, police said an elderly, intoxicated man met them and said he wanted a woman removed from his home. The woman was intoxicated and the man said he had never seen her before. She came over with another man who was programming his phone, the man said. Then, the man who programmed the phone left, the woman stayed at the house, drank beers and she allegedly became aggressive and scratched the homeowner's face with her nails. Police said the woman could not or would not say how she got into the apartment and denied the assault. She had no footwear in the apartment belonging to her, police said. Joan Miller was arrested, on an assault and battery on an elder charge, police said.
- At 7:32 a.m. Thursday, police received a call about yelling coming from an Endicott Street home. Police said they spoke with the mom who said she was just getting her daughter up for school. The daughter was getting ready for school and eating breakfast when police arrived.
- A motor vehicle break-in was reported on First Street at 8:51 p.m. Thursday.
- A shoplifter was reported at the at 11:54 a.m. Thursday, police said.
For questions about the police log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.