The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Feb. 7
- A prescription was found at the Salem Dog Park and turned into the police station at 3:30 p.m.
- At 4:45 p.m. police were called to Bridge Street on report of a girl yelling for help. When police arrived they spoke to a girl who said she had just gotten into a fight with her sister over her lunchtime snack, and they had begun pulling eachother's hair. Police called the girls' mother, who came to the scene to pick them up.
- A loose rooster was reported on Clifton Avenue at 5:30 p.m. Police searched the area, but did not locate a rooster.
- At 5:46 p.m. police arrested Donald Chittick, 52, of 6 Gallows Hill Rd., on two warrant charges.
- At 6:20 p.m. police were called to Herbert Street on report of a dispute about money.
- At 7:17 p.m. police arrested Jacobo Feliz, 40, of 36 Rogers Ave. in Lynn, on warrant charges.
- Police were dispatched to the area of Murphy's at 9:12 p.m. on report of a man 'yelling at his scooter.' When police spoke to the man in question, he told them his scooter would not start and he became upset. Police let him bring the scooter to the station to warm it up.
- A laptop was reported stolen from a Harbor Street apartment at 9:35 p.m.
- Police were called to Washington Street at 10:16 p.m. on report of two suspicious people on a bicycle. Police did not locate them.
- At 10:26 a.m. police arrested Roli Getella, 27, of 36 Rogers Ave. in Lynn, on charges of operating a vehicle without a license and speeding.
- A domestic dispute was reported on North Street at 10:33 p.m.
- Police responded to Lifebridge at 11:34 p.m. on report of an intoxicated person causing a disturbance. He was placed in protective custody.
Thursday, Feb. 8
- A loud party was reported on Pope Street at 12:32 a.m.
- A noise complaint was reported from Hazel Street at 1:03 a.m.
- Police placed an intoxicated woman found outside on Central Streetin protective custody at 1:46 a.m.
- A domestic dispute was reported on Hancock Street at 7:09 a.m.
- At 8:41 a.m. police were called for an unruly passenger on the commuter rail. Police said the man had a dispute with the conductor over train fare from Lynn to Salem.
- At 9:07 a.m. police arrested Lee Gonzalez, 27, of 60 Dow St., on three warrant charges.
- At 9:36 a.m. police were called to Jefferson Avenue on report of malicious damage to a building. Someone reportedly cut several extension cords and had stolen several items.
- At 11:28 a.m. a woman reported being hit by a car earlier in the day at Market Basket. She said she was standing next to Market Basket with her shopping cart as the vehicle backed up and hit her on the left leg. The woman and the female operator disagreed on if she was hit or not.
- A stolen cell phone was reported on Highland Avenue at 11:52 a.m.
- At 12:37 p.m., Justin Evers, 32, of 56 Rivers St. in Beverly, was arrested on a warrant charge.
- A hypodermic needle was found on School Street.
- At 2:09 p.m. police were called for a homeless person sleeping on a back porch on Rainbow Terrace. The man was placed in protective custody due to his level of intoxication.
- At 2:54 p.m. police executed a search warrant at a Forest Street residence. Police arrested John Leger, 27, of 21 Forest St., on charges of illegal possession of a class a and b substance, possession with intent and distribute, and three warrants.