The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Oct. 23:
- At 4:26 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Hart Way.
- At 4:35 p.m., a Dunlap Street resident called police to report that they had been the victim of check fraud.
- At 5:07 p.m., a Rainbow Terrace resident called police to report that two pumpkins were stolen off of her porch.
- At 5:32 p.m., police made an arrest on Salem Street. Matthew J. Watson, 34, of 31 Salem St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 6:18 p.m., the owner of Kings Roast Beef called police to request a no trespass order for a man who has been showing up drunk and bothering his customers.
- At 7:28 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Highland Avenue.
- At 8:00 p.m., a Smith Street woman called police to report that her car was vandalized overnight and she suspected her ex-boyfriend was responsible.
- At 8:05 p.m., an Albion Street resident called police to report that two women were going through their trash for cans and bottles. The women were advised to stay off of other people's property while collecting cans.
- At 8:11 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Desmond Terrace.
- At 10:37 p.m., a woman called police to report that a man had just exposed himself to her while she was walking down Lafayette Street. The woman described the man as being white, 5' 10" in his 30's with facial hair. He was reportedly wearing dark sweat pants and a dark hoodie. Police were unable to locate anyone in the area matching that description.
Thursday, Oct. 24:
- At 12:50 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Burnside Street.
- At 10:04 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Pioneer Terrace, where a woman was reportedly paranoid and barricaded.
- At 11:04 a.m., police responded to a dispute on Warrant Street Court.
- At 2:32 p.m., the city's animal control officer responded to a report of a loose dog near the intersection of Boston and Federal streets.
- Paul Carolan Jr., 35, of 17 Leavitt St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.