The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Jan. 12:
- At 5:39 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on First Street.
- At 6:38 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Traders Way.
- At 6:53 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Loring Avenue. A man was placed into protective custody.
- At 6:56 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Highland Avenue.
- At 9:42 p.m., a woman entered the police station to report that she was assaulted on Ocean Terrace. A warrant will be issued on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and threatening to commit a crime.
- At 9:43 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Garden Terrace.
Monday, Jan. 13:
- At 8:43 a.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious motor vehicle on Willson Street.
- At 10:04 a.m., police responded to a report of a phone scam on Red Jacket Lane.
- At 11:24 a.m., police made an arrest on Margin Street. John W. Marrs, 53, of 4 Ober Road, Beverly, was arrested for reportedly having two outstanding warrants.
- At 12:14 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Orne Street.
- At 1:41 p.m., a Prince Street resident called police to report that someone loosened the lug-nuts on his tires overnight.
- At 2:12 p.m., police responded to a report of a stolen package on Lafayette Street.
- At 2:20 p.m., police responded to report of a skateboarder struck by a motor vehicle near the intersection of Fort Avenue and Winter Island Road. The skateboarder reportedly suffered head and leg injuries.
- At 2:49 p.m., two people called police to report that an employee at the UPS store on Washington Street swore at them because they entered the store while he was on break.
- At 5:08 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on New Derby Street.
- At 5:11 p.m., police checked on a dog that was left in a motor vehicle on Lynde Street.
Amanda L. Burgess, 32, of 100 Willow St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of larceny over $250.
Wendy J. Owie, 52, of 100 Willow St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of shoplifting merchandise by concealment, second subsequent offense.
Mark R. Shorey, 29, of 21 Essex St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.