The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Sept. 25:
- At 7:10 p.m., police responded to a reported shoplifting incident on Gedney Street.
- At 7:11 p.m., police responded to a fight near the intersection of Margin and High streets. Craig S. Labrie, 31, of 40 Bartlett St., Beverly, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- At 8:22 p.m., a woman entered the police station to report receiving random threats on her phone and said she worried the woman knew how to perform voodoo.
- At 9:00 p.m., a Federal Street woman called police to report that someone stole her son's bicycle from their backyard.
- At 9:34 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Essex Street.
- At 11:27 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Derby Street.
Thursday, Sept. 26:
- At 12:06 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Lafayette Street.
- At 12:10 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Canal Street.
- At 12:42 a.m., police responded to a past assault on Fort Avenue. A woman told police she was sleeping in a tent with four other people in the woods off of Fort Avenue by Salem Willows when a man kicked her in the chest.
- At 8:56 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Lafayette Street. A motorist reportedly drove into a utility pole to avoid another car that was backing out onto the street.
- At 8:57 a.m., police responded to a report of a past assault near the intersection of North and Woodside streets.
- At 9:22 a.m., an officer disposed of a hypodermic needle found near Collins Middle School.
- At 9:57 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Margin and Norman streets. Edward G. Pascucci, 46, of 40 Island Road, Lynnfield, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- At 9:59 a.m., police located a man known to have an outstanding warrant on Pope Street. Geraldo A. Garcia, 31, of 12 Pope St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having seven outstanding warrants.
- At 11:56 a.m., police responded to a dispute on Beaver Street.
- At 12:40 p.m., police received word that a juvenile had fled Bowditch School.
- At 2:15 p.m., a search warrant was executed at 13 Rainbow Terrace. Roger J. Tirado, 23, of 13 Rainbow Terrace, Salem, was arrested on charges of possessing a class A substance (heroin), possessing a class A substance (heroin) with intent to distribute and possessing a class A substance (heroin) with intent to distribute in a school zone.
- At 2:23 p.m., police responded to a past shoplifting incident at the Walmart on Highland Avenue.