The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, March 24:
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident with injury on Jefferson Avenue. Three people were taken to the hospital.
- At 5:37 p.m., police responded to a report of fresh vandalism on Boston Street.
- At 7:06 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Heritage Drive.
- At 7:20 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Loring Avenue.
- At 8:22 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Roslyn Street.
- At 8:30 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious package on Washington Street.
- At 8:32 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Jefferson Avenue.
- At 9:39 p.m., police responded to a possible attempted break-in on Hancock Street.
Tuesday, March 25:
- At 12:38 a.m., police responded to a dispute over toilet paper on Lafayette Street.
- At 8:03 a.m., police responded to a report of a woman screaming on Parlee Street.
- At 8:51 a.m., police responded to a report of a past sexual assault on Parlee Street.
- At 9:12 a.m., police responded to an alarm on Canal Street.
- At 10:43 a.m., a Cherry Street resident called police to report that he chased two people out of his basement overnight. The man was advised to lock his basement.
- At 11:42 a.m.,an officer disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered on near the intersection of Tremont and Grove Street.
- At 12:13 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity in the woods off of Willson Street.
- At 12:47 p.m., a local resident entered the police station to report that his wife's vehicle was burglarized and her handicapped placard was stolen.
- At 1:09 p.m., police responded to a report of an out-of-control girl at Salem High School.
- At 2:24 p.m., a man called police to report that his rented garage on Salem Street was broken into overnight and four motorcycles were stolen. The vehicles were reported stolen.
- At 2:25 p.m., police responded to a report of unattended bags on Essex Street.
Sally R. Ouellette, 46, of 178 South Pleasant St., Bradford, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license, illegally possessing a class B substance and illegally possessing a class E substance.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to email@example.com.