The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Sept. 1:
- At 4:24 p.m., police responded to a report of homeless people going through a dumpster on Norman Street.
- At 4:55 p.m., police responded to an unarmed robbery at Kushco Bistro on Washington Street. An employee told police a man wearing a Red Sox jersey handed her a note demanding that she empty the cash register and fled the cafe with the tip jar containing approximately $30. Click Here for our full story.
- At 6:09 p.m., a man called police to report that someone stole his bike from in front of a house on Hancock Street.
- At 7:09 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Commercial Street.
- At 7:11 p.m., a man known to have an outstanding warrant was located on Canal Street. Scott A. Caldwell, 30, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:22 p.m., police responded to a report of gunshots in the woods on Freedom Hollow Road.
- At 9:38 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Barr and Mason streets. Stephen D. Edmunds, 26, of 286 Newbury St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
- At 10:37 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Lafayette Street. Mark T. Ricker, 55, of 116 Lafayette st., Salem, was arrested on a charge of disturbing the peace.
- At 10:55 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Prince Street. Leonard M. Gowen, 76, of 22 Prince St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of domestic assault and battery.
Monday, Sept. 2:
- At 12:09 a.m., police responded to a loud house party on Lawrence Street.
- At 12:41 a.m., police responded to a reported fight inside of Tavern in the Square near the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets.
- At 4:15 a.m., police responded to a loud house party on Palmer Street.
- At 12:05 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious backpack against a tree on Washington Street.
- At 1:35 p.m., a Canal Street business owner called police to report that someone pried open the back door to his business over the weekend.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a report of people shooting a BB gun on Parlee Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.