The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Feb. 24:
- At 4:05 p.m., police responded to a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident on Lawrence Street.
- At 4:06 p.m., police responded to a dispute between landlord and tenant. Spencer S. Flint, 40, of 19 Liberty Hill Ave., Salem, was arrested on a charge of assault.
- At 4:26 p.m., police responded to a report of someone trying to pass a false prescription at the CVS on Canal Street. Police will seek a warrant for Corrinne Dinitto-Rosario on charges of forgery and uttering a false prescription.
- At 4:34 p.m., police responded to an alarm on Proctor Street.
- At 5:10 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report receiving a bad check.
- At 7:31 p.m., police responded to a past larceny on Washington Street.
- At 7:51 p.m., police responded to a past assault on Mason Street. A juvenile was arrested.
- At 10:33 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Harbor Street.
Tuesday, Feb. 25:
- At 3:32 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Mason Street.
- At 6:30 a.m., police and fire units responded to a report of smoke in a basement on Cousins Street.
- At 6:55 a.m., a Lafayette Street resident called police to report that his girlfriend's car had maple syrup poured all over it sometime overnight and he suspected his wife was responsible.
- At 7:52 a.m., the animal control officer responded to a report of a squirrel loose inside of a daycare center on Loring Avenue.
- At 10:06 a.m., a business owner on Lafayette Street called police to report that a stainless steel table was stolen from the rear of the building overnight.
- At 10:13 a.m., a North Street resident entered the police station to report that someone smeared feces all over his car sometime overnight. The man said he located two used baby diapers near the vehicle.
- At 10:25 a.m., police responded to a report of a drunk woman in a hallway on Highland Avenue. A woman was placed into protective custody.
- At 12:09 p.m., an Old Road resident turned over a found firearm.
- At 2:45 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Summer Street.
Frank R. Toomey, 23, of 22 Porter St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.