The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Sept. 26:
- At 5:47 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Broad Street.
- At 7:21 p.m., police responded to a reported fight in the street on Cherry Street.
- At 8:23 p.m., police responded to a past domestic assault and battery on First Street. Angel D. Deleon-Veloz, 24, of 12 First St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 8:52 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Hazel Street.
- At 9:14 p.m., police located arrested a man near the intersection of Derby and Congress streets. Chirstopher Thomas II, 27, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous weapon.
- At 11:39 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious motor vehicle on Balcomb Street.
Friday, Sept. 27:
- At 2:44 a.m., police responded to a disturbance on Hancock Street.
- At 4:17 a.m., police responded to a trash-picking complaint on Lafayette Street.
- At 5:39 a.m., police responded to a report of a loose pit bull on Margin Street.
- At 7:18 a.m., police responded to a trash-picking complaint on Swampscott Road.
- At 8:02 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 9:55 a.m., a bus driver flagged down a police officer to report that he had a drunk on his bus that was refusing to move. The man was placed into protective custody.
- At 10:30 a.m., police responded to a past road rage incident on Washington Street.
- At 12:05 p.m., police stopped a man on a scooter on Highland Avenue. Patrick A. Richardi, 42, of 96 Central Ave., Everett, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 12:14 p.m., a North Street resident called police to report that her scooter was stolen from in front of her house overnight.
- At 1:49 p.m., an Eclipse Lane resident called police to report that one of his tires was slashed overnight.
- At 2:38 p.m., a dog was found near the intersection of Linden and Hersey streets.
- At 4:04 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a cyclist near the intersection of Brown and New Liberty streets.