The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Sept. 17:
- At 8:45 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Grove Street.
- At 8:48 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute near the intersection of Derby and English streets.
- At 9:17 p.m., police responded to a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident on Essex Street. Joseph L. Bussone, 57, of 31 Broad St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs and two counts of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
Wednesday, Sept. 18:
- At 4:39 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute near the intersection of Orne and Appleton streets. Oneis M. Phillips, 32, of 81 Union St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of domestic assault and battery.
- At 7:37 a.m., police responded to a report of two raccoons in a driveway on North Street. The raccoons were reportedly gone by the time police arrived.
- At 9:58 a.m., police responded to a report of a bat in a building on Southwick Street.
- At 10:58 a.m., police received word that a motorist had driven through a chain-link fence on Hawthorne Boulevard and fled the scene.
- At 1:31 p.m., police arrested a man near the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets for breaking into a parking meter. Timothy A. Allain, 35, of 16 Cedar Crest Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of possessing burglarious tools, larceny below $250, two counts of breaking into a depository, receiving stolen property valued below $250 and illegal possession of a class A substance (heroin). Click Here for our full story.
- At 2:13 p.m., a Linden Avenue resident called police to report a bicycle stolen.
- At 4:30 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Essex Street.
- At 4:58 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Linden and Laurel streets. Chris A. Hollingsworth, 44, of 32 Range Ave., Lynn, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant. Scott A. Healey, 36, of 32 Range Ave., Lynn, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:59 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on East India Square.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.