The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Aug. 22:
- At 4:03 p.m., police responded to a reported fight at the Salem Common gazebo.
- At 4:57 p.m., police responded to a dispute over mail on May Street.
- At 5:38 p.m., police responded to a break-in on March Street. Derek J. Grant, 23, of 24 Congress St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 5:41 p.m., police responded to a past break-in on Loring Avenue. A woman told police a burglar entered her home by removing her air conditioner and stole a laptop.
- At 6:37 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that his car was stolen from the Market Basket parking lot.
- At 7:35 p.m., police located a man known to have an outstanding warrant near the intersection of Derby and Wharf streets. Christopher A. Parady, 35, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:04 p.m., a Walter Street resident called police to report that they noticed a woman checking car door handles in the area.
- At 9:19 p.m., police responded to a report of a customer causing a disturbance on Bridge Street.
Friday, Aug. 23:
- At 9:36 a.m., an Essex Street woman entered the police station to report that some of her flower pots had gone missing.
- At 10:23 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Ord Street.
- At 10:43 a.m., police responded to a report of an injured sawn on Chandler Road.
- At 10:51 a.m., a vehicle reported stolen was recovered in the Target parking lot on Highland Avenue.
- At 11:02 a.m., a Walter Street man called police to report that someone broke into his house overnight and stole his bicycle.
- At 12:48 p.m., police responded to a dispute over pet rats on Bridge Street.
- At 2:20 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Jefferson and Dove avenues. Wayne Godin, 47, of 24 Whalers Lane, Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and for reportedly having three outstanding warrants.
- At 2:55 p.m., police located a man known to have outstanding warrants at Forest River Park. Christopher Dunston Jr., 22, of 157 Washington St., Boston, was arrested for reportedly having two outstanding warrants.
- At 3:43 p.m., police responded to a report of illegal dumping on Federal Street.