The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Jan. 19:
- At 5:03 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious group on Lynde Street.
- At 6:03 p.m., police responded to a shoplifting incident on Canal Street.
- At 9:03 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Heritage Drive.
- At 9:06 p.m., police and DPW employees responded to a water main leak near the intersection of Canal and Meadow streets.
- At 12:08 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Summer Street.
- At 12:29 a.m., police responded to a report of malicious damage to a building on Loring Avenue. A man told police that a stranger entered his house during a party and smashed the front door when asked to leave.
- At 12:52 a.m., a man with cuts on his hands was placed into protective custody by a member of the Salem State University Police Department. He reportedly admitted to breaking the front door on Loring Avenue. Ross H. Kratman, 19, of 65 Quincy Ave., Winthrop, was arrested on a charge of malicious destruction of property valued above $250.
- At 5:21 a.m., a woman on Hillside Avenue called police to report that she saw three men looking through her neighbor's car. The woman said the men fled the area when she yelled out at them. Responding officers reportedly spotted three men running down Highland Avenue and two were apprehended after a foot chase. Nathan A. Mugavero, 20, of 218 Middlesex Ave., Medford, was arrested on charges of breaking and entering during the nighttime to commit a felony, disorderly conduct and violating the city's knife ordinance. John M. Murray, 19, of 54 Glendale Road, Marblehead, was arrested on charges of breaking an entering during the nighttime to commit a felony, disorderly conduct and possessing burglarious tools.
- At 8:12 a.m., police responded to a complaint regarding construction noise on Mall Street. The caller was upset that work was being done on a holiday.
- At 9:39 a.m., police responded to a shoplifting incident on Highland Avenue.
- At 9:42 a.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors on Pope Street.
- At 12:30 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Bridge Street.
- At 1:08 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Ocean Avenue West.
- At 1:29 p.m., police responded to a report of a turkey struck by a vehicle on Sophia Road.
- At 2:58 p.m., police conducted a well-being check near the intersection of Chestnut Street and Botts Court.
- At 3:08 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Proctor Street.
- At 4:17 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Heritage Drive.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a report of stolen gaming systems on Wisteria Street.
- At 5:19 p.m., the manager of a North Street business called police to report that an employee stole money.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to email@example.com.