The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, Sept. 22:
- At 3:58 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Broadway.
- At 4:47 p.m., an Abbot Street resident called police to report that someone took their dog and was refusing to return it. The dog was eventually returned to its owner.
- At 5:19 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Front Street.
- At 6:24 p.m., police responded to a report of a man bothering people on Albion Street.
- At 7:18 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity near the intersection of Crowdis Street and Malm Avenue.
- At 8:59 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Salem Street.
Monday, Sept. 23:
- At 12:20 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Washington Street.
- At 3:20 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on High Street. Daniel R. Wendt, 23, of 13 Willow Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- At 8:14 a.m., a woman turned herself in at the police station on Margin Street. Maria Aurich, 35, of 164 Bridge St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 11:54 a.m., the owner of Botanica San Miguel on Lafayette Street called police to report that someone damaged their front window overnight.
- At 12:41 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident near the intersection of Swampscott Road and First Street.
- At 1:28 p.m., police responded to a report of a neglected dog on Garden Terrace.
- At 1:54 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 2:27 p.m., police received word that a tractor trailer had pulled down wires on Leach Street.
- At 2:50 p.m., a Summer Street woman called police to report that silver flatware had been recently stolen from her home.
- At 3:09 p.m., police responded to a past domestic dispute on Cherry Street.