The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Jan. 7:
- At 4:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a trespasser at the CVS on Essex Street.
- At 4:25 p.m., an Eclipse Lane resident called police to report that they had been the victim of identity theft.
- At 6:50 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Essex Street.
- At 7:06 p.m., police responded to a past shoplifting incident at Punto Mercado on Salem Street. A woman reportedly stole a pack of cigarettes.
- At 7:09 p.m., police responded to a past shoplifting incident at Clever Diva on Washington Street. The owner of the store provided police with video evidence of the theft and a warrant was issued.
- At 7:59 p.m., police responded to a dispute on Peabody Street.
- At 8:34 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Lafayette Street.
- At 9:51 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Peabody Street.
Wednesday, Jan. 8:
- At 12:43 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Boston Street.
- At 2:26 a.m., police responded to a disturbance on Bridge Street. A woman was placed into protective custody after she was found banging on the doors of a nearby business because she thought it was her boyfriend's house.
- At 3:07 a.m., police and fire units responded to a report of smoke in a house on Countryside Lane. The smoke was determined to have been caused by a clogged pellet stove.
- At 6:18 a.m., police responded to a medical overdose on Essex Street.
- At 8:02 a.m., police made an arrest on Essex Street. Valerie A. Moraitis, 39, of 49 Essex St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:48 a.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors on Beacon Street.
- At 9:36 a.m., police responded to a report of a motor vehicle damaged in an explosion on Front Street.
- At 10:21 a.m., police responded to a report of an assault and battery on two public employees at Salem District Court. Responding officers were told that at 3:30 p.m. Monday, two court officers were reportedly attacked by Monique Reed-Guillemette, 21, of 38 Boston St., Salem, while she was being taken to the lock-up area. It reportedly took the officers 10 minutes to subdue her. A warrant has been issued for Reed-Guillemette on two counts of assault and battery on a public employee. Reed-Guillemette was arraigned Monday on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon (knife), intimidating a witness and violating the city's knife ordinance.
- At 10:40 a.m., police responded to a dispute between a landlord and tenant on Ropes Street.
- At 11:30 a.m., a Lafayette Street resident called police to report that two copper downspouts had been stolen from their home.
- At 12:19 p.m., a juvenile arrested in Lynn was transported to the police station on Margin Street.
- At 4:09 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on a hitchhiker on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:30 p.m., police responded to a report of an unleashed dog on Mansell's Parkway.