The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Oct. 7:
- At 6:04 p.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors near the intersection of Essex and Washington streets.
- At 7:25 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Wisteria Street.
- At 7:54 p.m., a Dunlap Street resident called police to report that a scooter was stolen from her backyard.
- At 8:52 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that his car was stolen from Linden Street.
Tuesday, Oct. 8:
- At 7:46 a.m., a Pingree Street man called police to report that three tires and rims were stolen off of his car while it was parked on Perkins Street overnight. The car, he said, was being held up by three car jacks.
- At 7:57 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a police cruiser on Federal Street.
- At 8:47 a.m., a Foster Court man called police to report that someone put seeds and bark mulch in his dog's kennels in an attempt to poison them.
- At 12:40 p.m., a First Street woman called police to report that her daughter was being bullied.
- At 12:59 p.m., an officer disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered near the intersection of Lafayette and Palmer streets.
- At 3:33 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Lafayette Street.
- At 4:01 p.m., police responded to a past hit-and-run motor vehicle accident on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:29 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian on Loring Avenue.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.