The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Sept. 18:
- At 6:34 p.m., police responded t a report of a woman panhandling with a child on Highland Avenue.
- At 8:11 p.m., police responded to a report of kids trying to start a bonfire on Pope Street.
- At 8:53 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Marlborough Road.
- At 11:26 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Central Street.
Thursday, Sept. 19:
- At 1:17 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Highland Avenue. Responding officers reportedly found that a National Grid light pole had been snapped in half and wires were strewn across the road. The driver reportedly walked to Salem Hospital for medical attention. Nicholas P. Cantin, 33, of 190 Bridge St., Salem, was arrested on charges of negligent operation of a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs.
- At 2:09 a.m., police responded to a report of a woman walking in the middle of the road near the intersection of North and Orne streets.
- At 3:01 a.m., police responded to a report of a raccoon in a house on Warren Street.
- At 8:07 a.m., a Raymond Avenue resident called police to report that her neighbor left chocolate in her yard for her dogs to eat because he doesn't like them.
- At 10:24 a.m., police responded to a dispute on Howard Street.
- At 11:03 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Rainbow Terrace.
- At 11:24 a.m., police responded to a dispute near the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets.
- At 11:31 a.m., a hypodermic needle discovered on Franklin Street was disposed of.
- At 12:32 p.m., police arrested a juvenile on Congress Street.
- At 1:22 p.m., a man called police to report that he was struck by a motor vehicle while riding his bike near the intersection of Boston and Bridge streets.
- At 1:49 p.m., police located two women known to have outstanding warrants coming out of the Walgreen's on Boston Street. Holly M. Szczechowicz, 22, of 344 Essex St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class B substance (Suboxone) and for reportedly having an outstanding warrant. Gina M. Wright, 28, of 20 Jordan St., Beverly, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class B substance (Suboxone) and for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 2:45 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Rainbow Terrace.
- At 2:49 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a cyclist on North Street. Peabody police handled the accident.
- At 2:50 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Essex and Warren Court. Nicholas T. Santor, 25, of Jericho East Drive, Jericho Vt., was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.