The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Oct. 21:
- At 4:08 p.m., detectives on patrol on Perkins Street reportedly witnessed a hand-to-hand drug deal. Aja Terese Klafner, 29, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of illegally possessing a class A substance (heroin) with intent to distribute.
- At 6:16 p.m., an undercover sting operation resulted in the arrest of a Peabody woman on Rainbow Terrace. Cynthia Keith, 24, of 98 Central St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of prostitution and violating a restraining order.
- At 8:13 p.m., a man called police to report that his bicycle was stolen from the bike rack at the MBTA station on Bridge Street.
- At 8:20 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Washington Street.
- At 9:21 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Cherry Hill Avenue. Peter Sikora, 43, (Editor's note: Sikora's address was not listed.) was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (wall), intimidating a witness and malicious destruction of property valued under $250.
- At 10:35 p.m., police located a man known to have an outstanding warrant on West Avenue. Tobias M. Allendorph, 43, of 19 West Ave., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
Tuesday, Oct. 22:
- At 4:59 a.m., police responded to a report of a woman staggering around on Highland Avenue. A woman was placed into protective custody.
- At 8:10 a.m., an officer disposed of two hypodermic needles discovered on Traders Way.
- At 8:54 a.m., police made an arrest on Rainbow Terrace. Lee E. Gonzalez, 28, of 60 Dow St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having two outstanding warrants.
- At 10:17 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 12:04 p.m., police responded to a report of a loose dog on Clark Street. The Animal Control Officer was notified.
- At 1:48 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious youths looking into cars in the parking garage on New Liberty Street. Three juveniles were later arrested on a charge of attempting to commit a crime.
- At 3:11 p.m., police responded to a report of a panhandler with a sign outside of the Market Basket on Highland Avenue. The woman was advised that she couldn't panhandle on Market Basket property.
- At 4:04 p.m., police responded to a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident on North Street.
- At 4:16 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 4:21 p.m., police responded to a past break-in on Mason Street
- At 4:35 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious people near a beach on Clifton Avenue.
- At 5:05 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Roslyn Street.