The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Feb. 21:
- At 10:07 p.m., police responded to a domestic assault on Porter Street.
- At 11:11 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious motor vehicle at McGrath Park. Two men reportedly admitted to smoking marijuana and a small amount was confiscated by police.
Friday, Feb. 22:
- At 1:18 a.m., police responded to a loud house party on Ord Street.
- At 2:08 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Norman Street. Chaquana Clayton, 20, of 71 Loring Ave., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 2:55 a.m., police responded to a report of three men fighting at the intersection of Essex Street and Museum Place.
- At 5:07 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 7:16 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Washington Street.
- At 10:50 a.m., police assisted with the taking down of a camp site behind the golf course on Willson Street.
- At 11:00 a.m., police responded to a report of a suicidal woman jumping in front of cars on Mason Street.
- At 12:49 p.m., police and fire units responded to a grease fire on Pope Street. A woman reportedly suffered minor burns in what turned out to be a cooking accident.
- At 2:05 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered on Brown Street.
- At 3:27 p.m., police and fire units responded to a Lafayette Street apartment after receiving word that a resident had fallen asleep while smoking and lit a blanket on fire.
Daniel G. German III, 24, of 5 Porter St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery and intimidating a witness.
Jonathan Stretton, 32, of 381 Washington St., Melrose, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and for having an outstanding warrant.
Tanaia Chamberlain, 37, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and assault and battery on an EMT.
Michael P. Kennedy, 41, of 62 Derby St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.