The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Feb. 12:
- At 3:30 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Powder House Lane.
- At 6:47 p.m., police responded to a reported disturbance on Howard Street. Desiree D. Lucius, 29, of 2 Howard St., Salem, was arrested on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (cell phone) and two counts of assault and battery.
- At 9:45 p.m., police responded to a report of kids throwing snowballs at passing vehicles at the intersection of Lafayette and Ward streets. The youths reportedly admitted to throwing the snowballs and agreed to move along.
- At 10:03 p.m., police located a man on Margin Street known to have an outstanding warrant. Steven M. Shutzer, 58, of 56 Margin St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
Wednesday, Feb. 13:
- At 6:46 a.m., an Ocean Avenue resident called police to report that he could see from his window that a cat was stuck in one of his neighbor's Have a Heart squirrel traps. The cat was later set free and the man was advised to keep a closer eye on his traps to make sure that domesticated animals don't end up caught.
- At 9:48 a.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man walking with a child near the intersection of Highland Avenue and Powder House Lane.
- At 3:21 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Porter Street.
- At 3:55 p.m., police responded to a report of a man causing a disturbance on Piedmont Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.