The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Feb. 25:
- At 2:45 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Summer Street.
- At 4:44 p.m., police responded to a report of threats on Hillside Avenue.
- At 8:22 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Heritage Drive.
- At 8:41 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Cabot Street.
- At 9:14 p.m., police responded to a report of an attempted break-in on Palmer Street. A man told police someone tried to kick his door down.
- At 10:32 p.m., police made an arrest on Lafayette Street. Matthew J. Eithun, 35, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having four outstanding warrants.
Wednesday, Feb. 26:
- At 12:20 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Loring Avenue.
- At 12:46 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Winthrop Street. Aracelis Rodriguez, 44, of 267 Jefferson Ave., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 1:03 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Bridge Street. A woman told police she took her eyes off of the road to retrieve a roll of chapstick that fell onto the floor. Melissa K. Pierce, 22, of 14 Essex St., Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 7:21 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Greenlawn Avenue.
- At 9:49 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Rainbow Terrace.
- At 10:03 a.m., an officer disposed of some hypodermic needles discovered on Dow Stret.
- At 10:42 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Jefferson Avenue.
- At 12:22 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Jefferson Avenue.
- At 1:02 p.m., a Lynde Street man called police to request assistance with serving a restraining order. The woman police were looking for was later located downtown and was spotted "relieving herself in public." Charlene L. Isom, 43, of 22 Porter St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of open and gross lewdness.
- At 3:01 p.m., police and fire units responded to a vehicle fire on Parallel Street.
- At 3:26 p.m., police made an arrest at the station on Margin Street. As a result of an investigation into a reported sexual assault, Det. Daniel Tucker and Lt. Stephen Bona, along with the Rockport Police Department, arrested Christopher Lombardo, 27, of 24R High St., Rockport, on a charge of rape.
Frank R. Toomey, 23, of 22 Porter St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.