The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Nov. 9:
- At 6:47 p.m., police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on Boston Street involving a bicyclist.
- At 7:26 p.m., police noticed a man in the area of Congress Street that was reportedly known to have two outstanding warrants. During the booking process he was found to be in possession of four bags of crack. Junior Alberto Carmona, 43, of 260 Washington St., Salem, was arrested on charges of possessing a class B substance (crack cocaine) with intent to distribute and possessing a class B substance with intent to distribute in a school zone (Salem Academy Charter School).
- At 8:12 p.m, local officers reportedly noticed suspicious activity in a motor vehicle parked near the basketball court next to 10 First St. Three subjects were found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana, which was seized and placed into the evidence locker.
- At 9:07 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident at the intersection of Loring Avenue and Leggs Hill Road.
Saturday, Nov. 10:
- At 2:38 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity in the Wendy's parking lot on Hawthorne Blvd. James N. Robichaud, 38, of 47 Gage St., Lynn was arrested on a charge of possessing a class D substance (marijuana) with intent to distribute.
- At 4:15 p.m., police noticed a man on Congress Street that was known to have three outstanding warrants. Russell Santos, 27, of 64 Palmer St., Salem, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:20 p.m., police and fire units responded to a reported fire at a home on Beckford Street. Firefighters determined that there was a problem with the fireplace and the home was ventilated.
- At 6:20 p.m., police reportedly pulled up behind a running Oldsmobile on Lafayette Street that Marblehead police had reported was driving erratically. Victoria Stynskina, 47, of 320 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 6:54 p.m., an Ocean Avenue resident called police to report that tools had been stolen from their driveway.
- At 5:38 p.m., a First Street resident called police to report that someone had drilled into his two door locks overnight. The locks were reportedly changed.
Sunday, Nov. 11:
- At 1:00 p.m., police responded to a report of downed wires on Lafayette Street.
- At 2:00 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on the alley of 41 Salem St. Juan Familia-Familia, 37, of 911 Blue Hill Ave., Dorchester, was arrested on charges of possessing a class A substance with intent to distribute, possessing a class B substance with intent to distribute, possessing a class B substance, trespassing, identity fraud, public assistance fraud, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and providing police with a false name.
Other weekend arrests:
William Bruce Damon III, 32, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of property valued above $250, aggravated assault and battery and three counts of violating an abuse prevention order.
Keaton W. Heckman, 23, of the streets of Wakefield, was arrested on an outstanding warrant and a charge of possessing a class A substance.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.