Propane Tank Explosion Burns Homeless Man in Salem

A local homeless man suffered burns to his face and hands Friday night when a propane tank exploded.

Salem Walmart.
Salem Walmart.

A homeless man living in a tent behind the Salem Walmart suffered burns to his face Friday night when a propane tank exploded, police said. 

At 10:15 p.m., local police responded to a report of a burn victim in the woods behind the Walmart on Highland Avenue.

Responding officers were flagged down by a homeless couple who told them the tent they've been living in had just burst into flames when a propane tank exploded. 

A man with visible burns on his face and hands was taken by ambulance to Mass General Hospital in Boston, police said.

Salem Patch will post additional information as it becomes available.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »