responded to the following calls on Sunday and Monday. For a full list of arrests, click here.
- A loose dog was reported on Francis Road at 4:39 p.m. Sunday. The caller reported the dog had been jumping on people. When they arrived, police said a large black lab was in the middle of the road and was not a leash. When the officer tried to bring the dog home, police said "the dog started nipping, not in a playful manner." Police were able to contact the owner and the dog was brought home. Police said the animal control officer was notified of the incident.
- A dispute involving a past lease was reported at 4:49 p.m. on New Derby Street.
- Police said a diamond stud earring was found in the Salem Police Department's booking room at 6:02 p.m. Sunday.
- At 8:37 p.m. Sunday, police said an intoxicated man was reported in the restroom.
- Police responded to Downing Street at 9:53 p.m. on a call about a dispute between neighbors.
- Another dispute between neighbors was reported at 10:08 p.m. Sunday. Police said they spoke with a tenant who said he was just yelling at someone on the phone.
- A female yelling in the street on Hancock Street was reported at 10:53 p.m. Police said they were not able to locate the woman.
Also on Sunday
- Miguel A. Rodriguez, 27, of 15 Endicott St. in Lynn was arrested on two warrants.
- Vanessa Chitte Schoellkopf, 21, of 507 Liverpool Cr. in Chester, VA was arrested on a charge of violating a domestic protective order.
Monday, Jan. 9
- Police received a call about loud music on Ropes Street at 12:06 a.m. Monday. The music had already been turned off by the time police arrived, officers said.
- Malicious destruction to a vehicle on Tremont Street was reported at 1:05 a.m. Police said a man told them someone broke the side window of his vehicle while it was parked in the lot at .
- A fight in the backyard of a Lawrence Street residence was reported at 1:22 a.m. Monday. Police responded and said they spoke with a resident who was in the backyard playing with her dogs. The woman was advised of the noise complaint and told to take it inside for the night.
- Past threats were reported on Lawrence Street at 1:42 a.m. Police said they spoke with the woman they had spoken to earlier about a noise complaint. Police said the woman said her neighbor came to her door and told her to be quiet. The woman said she does not like her neighbor coming to her door. When police spoke with the neighbor she said the woman was being really loud and keeping everyone in her house up. The woman was advised to go to bed for the night.
- A dispute between neighbors was reported on Freedom Hollow Road at 8:09 a.m. Monday.
- At 8:15 a.m., police received a call a dog was struck by a bus on North Street by Dearborn Street. Police said the woman's dog was struck by an MBTA bus. The owner said she thought the driver did not know he struck her dog. Police said the dog died in the accident.
- Larceny of a laptop was reported at 8:27 a.m. Monday at Lafayette Street by the Lincoln Apartments, police said.
- A dispute between students was reported at at 9:54 a.m.
- Threats via voicemail were reported at 10:05 a.m. Monday. Police said a woman reported she has received message from an unknown male caller.
- Vandalized flower pots were reported at at 10:21 a.m. Monday. Police said it was reported this has happened before and the caller said she thinks the damage occurs when people come out of .
- A dog barking since 8 a.m. was reported on Orchard street at 12:30 p.m.
- Police said a dog off a leash was reported at 12:54 p.m. at Washington and New Derby Streets. Police said there was a possible coyote downtown, but they were not able to locate the animal.
- Suspicious activity at the Hess Gas Station on Derby Street was reported at 1:43 p.m.
- Larceny from a vehicle on Jefferson Avenue was reported at 2:34 p.m. Monday. a man told police a ring he bought for his mother in September was stolen from a vehicle.
Also on Monday
- Selvin Herrera, 30, of 106 Essex St. in Lynn was arrested on charges of larceny of property over $250, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was also arrested on three warrants.
- Kevin Aaron LaPine, 17, of 2A Stillwell Dr. was arrested on a warrant.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com.