responded to the following calls on Saturday and Sunday. For a full arrest log, click here.
Saturday, Dec. 10
- A loud college party was reported on Naples Road at 12:08 am. Saturday, police said. When officers arrived, they heard a loud group inside the building. Police said they spoke with the resident and advised him to have his guests leave. Officers said they saw 20 to 30 empty beer cans on coffee tables and 15 to 20 college-aged kids drinking in the kitchen. Red cups were also set up for a beer pong game, police said. The resident was issued a citation and advised that another call could result in arrest.
- At 1:04 a.m. Saturday, police said they responded to Derby Street after there was a dispute over a parking space in the Hess parking lot. "It appeared that two groups were arguing over who was going to move their respective motor vehicles to let the other pass." Police said the area was congested because people were leaving bars. Police added that when they approached one of the vehicles and tried to speak with one of the occupants, he said the windows were broken. Police said they saw a pair of scissors wedged into a window frame in easy reach of the driver, so they asked the man to exit the vehicle for a weapons pat frisk for the safety of the officers. Police said they found a knife with a blade in excess of three inches on Joshua Fantuzzi and he was arrested on a charge of violating the city knife ordinance.
- A fight on Dodge Street was reported at 1:14 a.m. Saturday. Police said they were not able to locate the disturbance.
- At 1:17 a.m. police said they were flagged down by a employee who told them he was having an issue with a patron. The employee told police he had broken up a fight between the man and another patron and "during the fracas," the employee lost his phone. The employee said when he was escorting the man out of Murphy's, he found his phone in the man's hand. The man said he found the phone on the floor and was going to give it to the employees. The employee said his sim card was still missing. When police spoke to the patron, he was "rambling on and on about how he feels he was treated unfairly by the staff." Police said the man was taken into protective custody.
- A loud party was reported at the the at 1:25 a.m. Saturday. The hotel employee told police he had advised the people to quiet down twice, but they wouldn't listen. Police said the people were escorted from the hotel and left without incident.
- At 1:44 a.m. police said men in all black breaking glass were reported at Margin and Endicott streets. Police said they were unable to locate the men.
- Police said a man sleeping in the bushes on Essex Street was reported at 3:55 a.m. Saturday. The man was sent on his way, police said.
- At 10:12 a.m. police said they received a call from the area near T.J. Maxx about two people having a traffic dispute. Police said when they arrived there were two vehicles facing each other blocking traffic. The people were sent on their way without incident.
- A shoplifter was reported at at 11:23 a.m. Saturday. Police said a woman was issued a no trespass order after she allegedly tucked rolling tobacco into her backpack.
- A loud guitar was reported on Boardman Street at 1:03 p.m. Saturday.
- A smashed windshield was reported on Forrester Street at 1:17 p.m Saturday.
- At 3:05 p.m. Saturday, police said a hypodermic needle was reported on Endicott Street. It was retrieved and properly discarded, police said.
Sunday, Dec. 11
- Loud music was reported on on Washington Street at 1:08 a.m Saturday.
- A 2:06 a.m. Sunday, police said they received a call from after marijuana was found in a patient's possession.
- Loud music was reported on Perkins Street at 4:15 a.m Sunday.
- At 4:55 a.m. Sunday police said Paul Rivera was arrested after they found him slumped over the wheel, sleeping in a running vehicle in the middle of Essex Street with the car in drive. He failed three sobriety tests and was arrested, police said.
- Police said they received a call about threats via text at 5:35 a.m. Sunday.
- Dogs barking at Marlborough Road and Scenic Avenue were reported at 8:57 a.m. Sunday.
- Police received a call that the rear window of a vehicle was smashed at 11:28 a.m. Wednesday.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com.