The following is an excerpt from the log:
Sunday, September 9
- At 7:18 p.m., police attempted to stop a man operating a red moped after he ran a stop sign on Fort Avenue. The man did not stop for police and continued until coming to a stop on Webb Street. Police placed the man under arrest.
- At 8:12 p.m., police were called to Summer and Chestnut streets for people panhandling. No one was there when police arrived.
- At 10:09 p.m., police received a report of a child screaming for help on Bridge Street. Police were able to find out the child was screaming because the parents were attempting to remove a splinter from the child's finger.
Monday, September 10
- At 7:58 a.m., two men were reported sleeping on benches on Bridge Street.
- At 10:08 a.m., a Salem Fire truck was involved in a minor vehicle accident. The truck sideswiped a vehicle on Lafayette Street, according to police. There were no injuries.
- At 11:57 a.m., a car was reported broken into on Sewall Street.
- At 2:52 p.m., an injured seagull was reported on Pineer Terrace.
- William M. Fontaine, 23, homeless, was arrested on charges of failure to stop for police, a red light violation and driving with a suspended license.
- Jolen Schadhauser Myers, 31, 3 Lowe St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of tresspassing.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org