The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Sunday, May 18:
- At 4:13 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Geneva Street.
- At 4:25 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Cherry Street. Paul M. Fessenden, 24, of 56 River St., Beverly, was arrested on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 5:56 p.m., police responded to a report of a homeless man sleeping in a sleeping bag in a cemetery on Howard Street.
- At 6:52 p.m., an officer disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered on Margin Street.
- At 7:06 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man looking into windows on Hodges Court.
- At 7:29 p.m., police made an arrest on Palmer Street.
- At 7:44 p.m., police made an arrest after responding to a report of a suspicious blue Toyota in the parking lot of the Target on Highland Avenue. Jeffrey Noel, 30, of 16 Carnes St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, refusing to identify himself and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense.
- At 7:55 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident on Cloutman Street.
- At 10:16 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Canal Street. Carlos A. Rodrigues, 31, of 34 Tremont St., Peabody, was arrested on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- At 10:33 p.m., police responded to a reported sexual assault on Federal Street.
- At 11:37 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute in a motor vehicle near the intersection of Lafayette Street and Loring Avenue.
- At 1:28 a.m., police responded to a past assault on North Street.
- At 2:41 a.m., police and fire units responded to a garage fire on Andrew Street. Click Here for our full story.
- At 3:12 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Highland Avenue and Valley Street.
- At 5:18 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Lafayette Place.
- At 7:01 a.m., a woman on Memorial Drive called police to report finding a gray striped cat in a box. The cat was taken to the Northeast Animal Shelter.
- At 9:29 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Brittania Circle.
- At 10:45 a.m., an officer disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered near the intersection of Tremont and Grove streets.
- At 11:10 a.m., police responded to a report of an injured stray dog near the intersection of Summit and South streets.
- At 11:48 a.m., police responded to a past shoplifting incident at the Market Basket on Highland Avenue. A warrant will be issued on charges of shoplifting merchandise valued above $100, assault with a dangerous weapon (motor vehicle) and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 12:25 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious items on Freeman Road.
- At 1:00 p.m., police responded to a report of a missing 3-year-old on Marlborough Road.
- At 3:35 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Prince Street.
Robert H. Scribner, 42, of 10 Taft St., Marblehead was arrested on charges of assault and battery, kidnapping and threatening to commit a crime.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.