The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police log:
Monday, Sept. 10
- At 5:02 p.m., a driver called police and reported she was driving near Rainbow Terrace when a child ran out into the street. The driver told police, she tried to stop in time but struck the child. She got out and helped the child get to his feet and then the child ran to get his mother. The mother said she did not fault the driver and the child ran into the street without looking. The mother said she would take the child to the emergency room for minor cuts on his left arm. Police filed a report.
- At 9:51 p.m., a resident said her 13-year-old son stole $900 from her 15-year-old son and gave $600 to a 13-year-old girl.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
- At 1:58 a.m., police responded to Highland Avenue for a report of stolen tables from The store manager and an employee told police they were exiting the store when they heard loud banging and saw a truck, speed off. Resin tables that were outside, used for displays, were taken.
- At 7:42 a.m., a car-owner on Geneva Street said someone keyed the passenger side door, roof, hood and the word "bitch" was keyed on the trunk of their car.
- At 12:17 p.m., a smashed car window was reported on Friend Street.
- At 1:50 p.m., a employee reported a man took a $25 bottle of Roc-Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum out of the packaging in the store, put it in his pocket and walked out with no intention of paying. The employee tried to stop the man but the man ignored him. The employee went back into the store and called police but the man was gone.
For questions about the log, email Salem@patch.com