The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police log:
Tuesday, Sept. 11
- Police responded to the court at 4:28 p.m. for a drunk man. Court officers turned over the man and police placed him in protective custody.
- At 5:50 p.m., police received a call about a low-flying paraglider over the James Ayube Bypass Road. The man was located in Furlong Park and arrested for disorderly conduct. (See below.)
- At 6:51 p.m., a loose dog was reported on Willson Street.
- At 7:19 p.m., police responded to the East India Parking Garage for a vehicle break-in. A GPS was stolen.
- At 9:30 p.m., police responded to the East India Parking Garage for another vehicle break-in. A GPS was also stolen.
Wednesday, Sept. 12
- At 12:04 a.m., undesirables were moved from a Lafayette Street ATM.
- At 2:01 a.m.,
- At 8 a.m., police responded to a crash between a vehicle and city lawn mower at Liberty Hill Ave. and Appleton Street.
- At 9:32 a.m., police responded to People's United Bank for a suspicious person report. When police arrived, they found a man tampering with the coin machine. The man put coins in, got the slip and then altered it to say he required more cash.
- At 10:12 a.m., several transient homeless people were moved from the benches at Palmer Cove Park. Several bottles of Natural Ice Beer were empty on the benches.
- At noon, police received a report of a pedestrian struck on Trader's Way. A person pulling into the Shaw's Supermarket struck a man on a motorized wheelchair in the street. The driver was cited, the pedestrian was taken to the hospital.
- At 1:37 p.m., a vehicle hit the Tri-City Sales building with their car. The driver said she hit the gas instead of the break and struck the building. The building sustained some damage. There were no injuries. Police did cite the driver.
- Calvin B. Freeman, 26, 26 Cummings Highway, Mattapan, was arrested on violating a restraining order.
- James Benjamin Green, 23, 21 Wave St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of driving with a suspended license.
- Sarah McCarthy, 33, 21 Mace Place, Lynn, was arrested on three warrants, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving uninsured, receiving stolen property, plate violation and not having vehicle inspected.
- James J. Pszenny, 29, 16 Sayward St., Gloucester, was charged with possesion of class A and class B drugs.
- Melissa Shaktman, 23, 44 Butler St., Salem, was arrested on a warrant.
- Patrick Tarmey, 24, 8133 Crane Brook Way, Peabody, was charged with being a disorderly person.
- Melissa L. Thyne, 37, 55 Buffum St., Salem, was arrested on a warrant.
- Christopher Dunston, 22, 10 First St., Salem, was arrested and charged with forgery, uttering forged instructions, larceny over $250.
- Brian D. Foster, 22, 14 Lamplighter Drive, Nashua, NH, was charged with violating the city knife ordinance.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org