The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, April 9:
- At 3:46 p.m., police conducted a well-being check near the intersection of Bridge and Pleasant streets.
- At 5:27 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Marlborough Road and Cloverdale Avenue. Anthony M. Woodworth, 31, of 16 Wildemere Place, Lynn, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 6:43 p.m., police stopped someone traveling on a scooter on Jefferson Avenue. Daniel H. Dion, 27, of 135A Railroad Ave., South Hamilton, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, subsequent offense and for having two outstanding warrants.
- At 8:33 p.m., a woman called police to report that her car was egged while she was driving down Bridge Street.
- At 9:34 p.m., police responded to a dispute between neighbors on Boston Street.
- At 9:58 p.m., police located a man with an outstanding warrant on Salem Street. Jeremy T. Ray, 25, of 31 Salem St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:06 p.m., police located a woman with an outstanding warrant on Peabody Street. Erica A. Rivera, 21, of the streets of Salem, was arrested for reportedly having an outstanding warrant.
Wednesday, April 9:
- At 2:04 a.m., police responded to a report of kids having a bonfire on Grove Street. A small group reportedly fled when officers arrived.
- At 10:04 a.m., police responded to a reported break-in on Pingree Street.
- At 1:18 p.m., a woman called police to report that a pit-bull tied up on Central Street bit her when she walked by.
- At 1:19 p.m., Salem State University police arrested a man on a charge of indecent assault and battery. Nicholas A. Otto, 22, of 92 Garrison Road, Chelmsford, was arrested on a charge of indecent assault and battery on a person over 14.
- At 1:45 p.m., police responded to a report of a past shoplifting incident on Highland Avenue.
- At 2:56 p.m., police received a complaint regarding two homeless men who have been sleeping inside an ATM on Essex Street. Police agreed to check the area at night.
- At 3:29 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on Beaver Street. Maegan M. Ward, 22, of 6 Beaver St., Salem, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting arrest.
- At 3:49 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Boston Street. Tiffany L. Zemp, 27, of 53 Belleview Ave., Salem, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- At 6:23 p.m., a woman called police to report that someone stole her cell phone from a backpack at the YMCA on Sewall Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.