The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Jan. 4:
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a report of an undesirable sleeping in the rear of a building on Washington Street. When officers arrived a child directed them to a raccoon sleeping on the rear porch. The child was advised to stay away from the animal.
- At 6:32 p.m., police responded to Life Alive Cafe on Essex Street after receiving a report of a loud bang on the second floor. A second floor resident told police they accidentally knocked over a large statue.
- At 7:08 p.m., a Federal Street woman called police to report that someone stole her iPad.
- At 7:43 p.m., a Fort Avenue woman called police to report that she returned home to find pry marks on her door.
- At 8:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a child unattended in a motor vehicle on Traders Way. Responding officers did not locate a child in the vehicle.
- At 9:09 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man walking on Wharf Street.
- At 9:31 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on North Street.
- At 10:05 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Lafayette Street.
- At 10:28 p.m., police responded to a dispute at the intersection of Jackson Street and Highland Avenue. Jonathan Panient, 23, of 12 Pope St., Salem, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery and malicious destruction of property valued below $250.
Saturday, Jan. 5:
- At 12:33 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on North Street.
- At 12:44 a.m., police responded to a report of a person asking people for drugs on Bridge Street.
- At 1:17 a.m., police responded to a report of loud screaming near the intersection of High and Pratt streets.
- At 1:34 a.m., police received multiple calls regarding a "loud bang" on Ocean Avenue. They were unable to locate the source.
- At 4:32 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Lafayette Street and Saltonstall Place West. Antonio Stefanides, 41, of 366 Western Ave., Lynn, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 9:20 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Essex and Summer streets. William T. Reardon, 51, of 14 Lakeview Ave., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license.
- At 11:16 a.m., a Mt. Vernon Street woman called police to report that she had become the victim of credit card fraud.
- At 1:42 p.m., a Varney Street man called police to report that his house and car had been egged overnight.
Ernie G. Belleisle, 40, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of shoplifting merchandise by concealment, second offense.
Vincent Lombardi III, 18, of 246 1st St., Pittsfield, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.