The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Friday, Dec. 28:
- At 5:09 p.m., police responded to Derby Street for a report of a pedestrian struck by a pickup truck in a crosswalk. The driver was issued a citation and the pedestrian refused medical attention.
- At 5:30 p.m., police responded to the Gulu Gulu Cafe for a report of a patron who was refusing to leave. The woman was issued a no trespass order and told not to return.
- At 6:03 p.m., a woman entered the police station to discuss utility bills she recently received.
- At 6:51 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Canal Street.
- At 9:01 p.m., police located a man with an outstanding warrant at the intersection of Salem and Palmer streets. Ronald L. Gomez, 22, of 60 Dow St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:39 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Highland Avenue and Marlborough Road. John S. Pendleton, 42, of 8 Jefferson St., Marblehead, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense.
- At 11:28 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man on North Street.
Saturday, Dec. 29:
- At 12:59 a.m., police responded to a report of a group of men walking with a chair near the Peabody Essex Museum.
- At 10:41 a.m., a woman called police to report that her tires were slashed while her car was parked behind Major Magleashe's Pub.
- At 1:08 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Essex Street. John P. Carter, 61, of 40 Salem St., North Andover, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 3:03 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity in a motor vehicle at the intersection of Grove Street and Mack Park. Nicholas J. Lantz, 21, of 315 Haines Meadow Road, Buxton, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 4:04 p.m., a resident reported a past vehicle break-in on Goodhue Street.
- At 4:56 p.m., police responded to a report of a past break-in at an apartment on Boston Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.