The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Saturday, Dec. 29:
- At 11:15 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music at the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets.
Sunday, Dec. 30:
- At 12:02 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Franklin Street.
- At 12:16 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute at the intersection of Salem and Harbor streets.
- At 12:29 a.m., police responded to a reported fight at the intersection of Washington and New Derby streets. Robert J. Burgess, 24, of 40 Middlesex Ave., Wilmington, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Christopher F. Clark, 38, of 7 Westborn Drive, Nashua, N.H., was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 8:35 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity at the Dunkin' Donuts on Bridge Street. The store manager told police a man entered the store with a fake $100 that seemed "too waxy."
- At 11:35 a.m., police responded to a report of an "extremely hot/smoking" manhole cover near the intersection of Bridge and Conant streets. The area was temporarily taped off by firefighters while they waited for National Grid to arrive.
- At 12:03 p.m., a man called police to report that he found four pellet guns in a drawer while cleaning a room on Lafayette Street. All of the guns were secured and placed into evidence.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.