The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Thursday, Jan. 10:
- At 2:33 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Rice Street.
- At 2:38 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Raymond Road.
- At 4:12 p.m., a found dog was brought in to the station, it was later retrieved by its owner.
- At 4:38 p.m., a woman called police to report that her car was vandalized while parked near the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Cleveland Street.
- At 4:54 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Chase Street.
- At 5:54 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Lafayette Street.
- At 7:15 p.m., a man called police to report being threatened while walking at the intersection of Swampscott Road and First Street.
- At 10:38 p.m., police responded to a fire alarm on Palmer Street.
- At 10:56 p.m., police responded to a report of loud construction on Highland Avenue.
Friday, Jan. 11:
- At 12:25 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious men on Lafayette Street. Robert Downing, 22, of 5711 Gilbert Ave., Parma, Ohio, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 3:46 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle on Holly Street. James T. Sacco, 23, of 12 Wisteria St., Salem, was arrested on charges of illegally possessing a class B substance (Amphetamines), illegally possessing a class C substance (Clonazepam), operating a motor vehicle without a plate and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 7:28 a.m., police received word that a raccoon had been located in a building on Endicott Street. The raccoon was captured with a noose "after a brief standoff" and later released.
- At 9:34 a.m., police responded to a report of people stuck in an elevator at the YMCA on Sewall Street.
- At 1:52 p.m., a hypodermic needle was discovered on Congress Street.
- At 1:53 p.m., a man was located on Congress Street. John A. Digiulo, 28, of 112 Federal St., Salem, was arrested for having six outstanding warrants.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.